A good piece of jewelry can last forever… with the right care.
If you want to get the most out of your Shani Jacobi pieces, it’s important to properly store, clean and care for your jewelry – the same way you would any other favorite fashion item!
Here are some tips to keep your jewelry shining bright and looking it’s best.
Storing Your Jewelry
The way you store your jewelry is one of the most important factors in maintaining good care of your pieces. By storing your jewelry properly, you can proactively avoid damage and wear on a daily basis.
- Store each item individually to avoid damage through scratching or tangling. We recommend placing each item in its own soft pouch for extra care.
- Make sure that your necklace chains are fastened to avoid tangling
- Store earrings in pairs to avoid losing them
- If your jewelry item has a gemstone, be extra gentle! Knocking the gemstone too often can compromising the setting!
Keep in mind that certain metals in jewelry tarnish naturally with time due to exposure to oxygen. To avoid tarnishing or discoloring your jewelry, make sure to avoid extreme heat or humidity, and direct sunlight or water.
Gold vermeil and silver jewelry is best stored in a dark, cool and dry place – so a closed jewelry box or pouch is a good option. To be especially proactive, you can consider an airtight container or plastic bag to keep the air out and reduce the oxidation process.
Cleaning Your Jewelry
Want to give your favorite Shani Jacobi piece some extra love to bring back the shine? Carefully clean your jewelry with a soft, non-abrasive and lint-free cloth or chamois.
Avoid commercial “dip” jewelry cleaners with polishing agents and instead use a mild wash soap with warm liquid and a soft brush; then, rinse the item with clean water and pat it dry with a soft, non-abrasive and lint-free cloth or chamois.
Jewelry Care During Wear
Caring for your jewelry is not only something to keep in mind when you’re not wearing it. On the contrary – we want you to enjoy your Shani Jacobi designs every day! Here are some tips for keeping your jewelry in good care even while wearing it.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to chemicals.
- Remove products when applying beauty products such as hairspray, perfume, make-up, nail-polish remover, sun tan lotion etc.
- Avoid swimming, showering or washing your hands with jewelry made of certain metals, such as gold-plated or silver jewelry.
- Avoid extreme heat or humidity! This means the less direct water and sunlight, the better for your jewelry.